HOW TO WASH A BACKPACK
Have you ever wondered how to properly wash a backpack? Our packs are built tough, so the washing machine isn't so bad on the actual pack integrity as it is the reflective media that we use on the pack and the waterproof coating that is on the material. The same goes for many hydration packs on the market. So here is what we suggest.
Option 1: Preferred
Summary: Hand wash in lukewarm water with scent free detergent using the following steps:
- Fill a sink or bucket with lukewarm water.
- Add "Scent Free" detergent. This is more for you than the hydration pack. Skin sensitivity can increase during exercise where the good smelly detergents may cause extra irritation.
- Hand agitate, squeezing out the back panel, other foam areas, straps, etc.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Yes you will be surprised at how much dirt and gunk come out of the pack!
- Hang to dry.
Option 2: Ok, but can reduce life of pack and can be hard on the reflective materials.
- Wash on delicate cycle, cold with scent free detergent.
- Hang dry.
Using these steps will ensure a very long life for your backpack or hydration pack. Enjoy!