I found the HydraQuiver while searching for a new hydration solution for an upcoming 50-mile Ultra with aid stations every 6 or so miles. My criteria was that I wanted a product that held enough liquid for a 6-mile segment (20-24 ounce), was easy to refill, and was completely unnoticeable while I ran.
My current hydration products were:
- a handheld bottle: perfect capacity, but way to annoying for that distance. Creates a lot of arm fatigue later in the race
- a hip holster twin bottle: again, perfect capacity, but the slight bounce can be mentally distracting and cause chafing and irritation after long distance
- an ultra vest with 2-liter bladder: great for long training and less supported races, but way overkill for the 6-mile segments. And a real pain to refill
After watching Josh's videos and reading some reviews I bought the HQ, and it was an absolutely wonderful choice. I did several training runs to dial in overall fit and technique, which really gave me confidence that it would work. Race day came and went, the HQ performed admirably. No chafing, no mishaps, no mental distractions. Easy to reach, easy to refill. Built tough and should last a long time.
I give this product 5 stars. However there are some minor areas for improvement based on my experience:
- Would love to see a Podium Chill bottle instead of the standard bottle. But that does add to cost. I just grabbed one of my cycling bottles.
- Once the adjustment straps got wet with sweat, they…