Orange Mud Named - Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, 2015 by Entrepreneur Magazine December 23 2015, 0 Comments
We're proud to make Entrepreneur Magazine's list in the category of "Best Practicers" of 2015.
"These star companies do everything evidence-based management wisdom says they should do and achieve everything they're going for. They set high-growth targets and are confident of hitting them. They are employee champions, staying highly attuned to staff needs and input and promoting more agile, decentralized decision-making, as well as innovative and proactive action. Company cash flow tends to stay strong. They're able to time their expansions well, and they keep up with changing customer needs and potentially disruptive technologies. It all pays off: These firms report not only sustained but especially rapid growth, and almost no problems in any area of management or performance."
- Best Practicers tend to be in rapid-growth industries, and are mostly national and international in focus rather than local or regional. They are also more likely to be urban-based.
- Avoiding top-down, command-and-control management, they emphasize empowering employees through distributed decision-making, transparency, sharing information and frequent, deep communication both up and down in the organization.
- They are big on rewarding employees, by sharing profits, promoting from within and emphasizing good benefits, good quality of life and a positive work environment.
- They set high growth targets and make a point of clearly communicating those aggressive plans to employees, customers, suppliers and even the local community.
- They see fast growth as a competitive edge in its own right and are driven to constantly increase market share.
- They seek to be both brand leaders and innovators, and encourage risk-taking.
- They rely heavily on internal metrics and external market research.
- They expand proactively, without waiting to book the orders that would necessitate it.
- They give to charity for its own sake, and not just to help the company grow.
Read more here on how the analysis was performed and see the 6 archetype categories. Click here to see Orange Mud listed in the "Best Practicers" category.